The Importance Of Mold Remediation at Home
Mold is a natural substance, and mold can be found in all different types of damp places whether it is in the home or out in nature. What many don’t realize, however, is the exposure to excessive mold for a prolonged period of time can be damaging to a person’s health, and if mold happens to be found in the home it is important that it is taken care of promptly. Mold remediation at home is the process of removing mold and making sure it does not begin to grow again, and this is the only way to avoid the health concerns related to mold exposure.
If a mold problem is minor, and the type of mold is found to be non-toxic, it can be removed without the assistance of a professional should a person wish to perform the job themselves. However, before completing the removal process, it is important that the mold is tested by a professional to determine just what type of mold may be present. Some types of mold, such as black mold, can be significantly more dangerous when it comes to exposure, and these jobs should be left to professionals only to ensure a person’s safety remains a priority.
When a mold problem goes unfixed, symptoms can begin to occur to any occupants of a home, business, school, or other structure where the mold may be present. Some of the most commonly felt symptoms of toxic mold exposure are:
• Sore or irritated throat or nasal passages
• Runny nose and congestion
• Skin irritation
• Respiratory problems
If these symptoms are present in individuals occupying a space, and there is no known cause, this could be a clue that unseen mold may be present in a building, and air tests for mold should be performed. While these may seem like minor cold or allergy type symptoms may seem like nothing more than a nuisance at first, they can begin to worsen as the mold exposure continues to go unchecked.
At AA Action Waterproofing we perform mold testing and mold remediation for all different types of homes and structures, and each job we perform is done with your safety in mind. The symptoms that a person may experience after being exposed to mold are worrisome and can become serious, and the only way to stop these effects in their tracks is to eliminate the mold through a thorough clean-up process best left to professionals in the field. If you have been experiencing mold exposure symptoms, or you have a known mold problem in your home or structure, call us today to see how we can help!