MOLD ALERT! PREVENTION TIPS TO KEEP YOUR HOME CLEAN AND SAFE
Have you been noticing black/green spots in your bedroom or kitchen, or on your balcony?
Do your cupboards give off a weird smell that is getting worse every day?
If so, chances are your home has been infested by mold. You should immediately get it inspected by mold remediation and home improvement services in Virginia. AA Action Waterproofing has trained and certified professionals on staff who will fix the problem for good, saving you and your family from developing health issues.
Are you wondering how dangerous a mold infestation can be?
We understand mold is natural organic matter and has been pivotal in the invention of certain medications. Molds in home, however, can trigger not just an allergic reaction, but also cause long-term respiratory problems and other health complications.
Molds are extremely dangerous, especially for people with asthma. Exposure to mold can also lead to gastrointestinal problems along with muscle aches, headaches, and breathing problems. People with pre-existing conditions are at a higher risk developing complications.
Mold has the ability to grow anywhere and everywhere, from under your carpets to behind the drainage pipes and along kitchen walls. All they need to survive is moisture and oxygen.
In this case, prevention is better than than cure. While you will need a professional mold remediation team to clear your home of the existing mold, there are certain steps you can take to prevent mold growth in the future:
- Mold grows and thrives in wet areas. If you notice any damp areas or water leaks, immediately get the problem fixed by a professional home improvement service. Don’t leave wet clothes hanging by the wall. Dry the floor after the shower and don’t let any damp items stay sitting for very long. Immediately wipe off damp areas.
- Improper ventilation in areas of high moisture such as the kitchen and the bathroom can also lead to mold formation. Routinely check for proper ventilation in these areas and throughout your home to cut down on the production of mold. You can get an exhaust fan installed in the bathroom as well as in the kitchen to reduce the moisture level. Check your AC and other appliances for excess moisture and get them inspected periodically. Should the need arise, get these units replaced.
- Make sure that the soil around the foundation of your home is not wet, as this can compromise with the entire physical integrity of the house. Inspect the problem areas and do not let rainwater seep in through your home via the foundation, basement or roof.
- Reduce the moisture in the air of your home by installing a dehumidifier and use air conditioners in the summer. Reduce condensation on the walls and floor by monitoring the humidity levels in the air.
- If you plan to renovate your new home, make sure you use mold resistant products such as mold resistant drywall, mold inhibiting paints, and mold resistant sheetrock. These products that will ensure your home and your family are safeguarded against mold infestation. These products are designed in such a way that they prevent moisture absorption and mold growth.
Get a no-obligation FREE inspection and estimate about mold remediation service in Virginia with AAction Waterproofing today!