Why You Should Waterproof Before A Leak Appears
Maryland regularly endures some of the wettest weather in the country. Monthly rainfall averages are around 4 inches, and the snowfall that occurs during the winter can lead to even more moisture on the ground. While most homeowners spend their time focusing on their roof when considering how to protect their home from leaks, you also need to pay attention to the basement.
Here at AA Action Waterproofing, we want you to understand that it’s important to waterproof your basement before you notice leaks in it. Too many people wait until they see a leak before they contact a waterproofing company, and it’s a bad idea to do so. Here’s why:
- Leaks lead to serious damage in your basement or crawlspace. Things like rot or cracks in the foundation can easily occur if your home’s basement leaks, and it’s important to prevent this from occurring.
- Not only will the repair costs for structural damage be high, but a foundation repair usually costs much more than a basic waterproofing application. In other words, it’s cheaper to waterproof than it is to repair. In a time when every penny counts, it’s important to save money wherever possible.
- Mold growth is a serious issue, and one that can cost a lot of money and take a lot of time to correct. As such, you need to waterproof your home before mold growth begins.
- You also may not notice a leak for months after it starts. This gives the problems listed above lots of time to grow in severity. By waterproofing, you eliminate the chance for the issues to spread into something more severe.
- Another point related to the one above is that during the deep freeze of winter, leaks likely won’t be present – but serious problems can occur. The cracks that may be present in your foundation will fill with water and then expand as the water freezes. Then, when the spring thaw occurs, your home will be assaulted by even more moisture than before.
Simply put, contacting the pros to get help waterproofing your home is something you can’t ignore. It will save you time and money and help give you peace of mind, so contact us today.