Mold Remediation New Carrollton
Few parts of the country have the unique history and culture of Maryland, and in New Carrollton both are on full display. We’re proud to provide New Carrollton mold remediation services to those in the area who need it, but a surprising number of the more than 12,000 people who call the city home actually don’t understand what this is or why its’ important.
The city itself dates back to the early 50s, and no matter if your home dates from that period or was just finished being built last month, mold is something you need to pay attention to. If you’re unsure about the basics of New Carrollton mold remediation and what it involves, taking a closer look is well worth doing.
What Is Mold?
The first step towards understanding the basics of New Carrollton mold remediation is simply understanding mold itself. Here are some of the main things to keep in mind.
• Mold is a fungus that exists indoors and outdoors, and there are a huge variety of different types of mold.
• Mold spores are the microscopic seeds that help mold spread throughout the world. They enter the air and float through it. Once they’re in your home they can spread almost anywhere, especially if you have an HVAC system.
• Mold growth requires moisture, and in moist areas with constant sources of water the growth of this organism can run rampant quickly.
Mold Health Risks
Mold itself isn’t that dangerous – it’s when the spores are released into the air that a problem begins to occur. Mold spores spread through the air in your home and are inhaled by your family, causing numerous health issues including:
• Respiratory infections
• Respiratory illness
• Allergic reactions
• Lowered immune systems
• And more
And those health risks can not only impact your overall wellbeing, but your budget as well. When you consider the high medical costs of getting treated for mold related issues and the fact that many people don’t even realize it’s the mold in their home causing the problem, it becomes clear that mold remediation is incredibly important.
Remediation Or Removal?
One key thing to pay attention to is that there is a big difference between mold removal and mold remediation in New Carrollton. Knowing the difference will help ensure that you get the results you need.
Mold removal is just that. A team will enter your home, scrub away mold using tools and cleaners, and leave.
But with professional New Carrollton mold remediation, you get much more. This process involves several steps including:
• Identifying the source of moisture that is leading to the development of mold
• Eliminating that moisture source through whatever means are required
• Removing the mold
• Completing a basic check to ensure no future risks exist
In short, removal just means that the mold currently in the home will be eliminated. Remediation will remove the mold and ensure that you don’t continue to develop mold related issues in the future.
Signs That You Need Mold Remediation in New Carrollton
We know that you’re not an expert on mold – that’s what we’re here for. But while it’s not always simple to identify mold problems in the home, it is easier than you might think to determine whether or not you need the services of a professional New Carrollton mold remediation team. Here are some things to keep in mind.
• Check your basement regularly. You’re looking for visible signs of mold growth, but if you notice a musty smell it may be a sign that mold is present somewhere you can’t see.
• If the basement or any other area of your home seems damper than normal, having a professional check out the home is worth doing. It could help prevent mold growth from occurring.
• If you and your family begin to experience health issues regularly without any clear sign of why it’s happening, there is a chance it’s from mold growth.
• Also, if your home simply hasn’t had waterproofing performed on it or if you’re unsure about its current waterproofing status, letting the pros take a look could be something to consider.
New Carrollton mold remediation can help improve your quality of life and save you money in the process. Contact us today to learn more about what we can do for you and how to get your initial consultation. It’s a process that you shouldn’t ignore and that could have a big impact on your life.