What Exactly Is Mold Remediation?
If you’ve developed a mold infestation in your basement, there is only one truly effective way to get rid of it and protect the health of your family: Mold remediation. You may have heard the term before or read about the benefits, but may still not understand exactly what this process entails. So if you are working with one of our experts at AAA Action Waterproofing for basement mold remediation, here are the detailed steps of the process:
Before we begin, it is important to understand that every mold infestation is different and will require a unique and tailored solution. Also, mold remediation will not remove all the mold surrounding your home, since it is a natural part of the environment. Instead mold remediation will ensure that the mold levels in your home are at safe, healthy levels and that an unhealthy infestation will not reappear.
Here is an overview of the basic process of mold remediation:
- Inspection: A mold expert will inspect both the indoors and outdoors of your home. They will look for signs of mold, any sources of mold and moisture, and put together a strategy for the best removal process.
- Containment: Since mold is extremely dangerous to our health and can damage our property, a mold remediation expert will first seek to contain the mold so that it doesn’t spread or cause any more issues. This may involve quarantining the area with plastic tarps and air filtration devices.
- Removal: The mold remediation expert will then begin the removal process. The severity and type of mold will determine what kind of removal process they use. Most of the time mold removal will be a combination of cleaning agents and tools. In severe cases, experts may have to remove parts of the drywall or wall paneling, flooring, or ceiling.
- Clean Up: Once the mold is removed, the mold remediation will clean up the area and make sure that the mold spores did not spread during the removal process.
- Mitigation: Mitigation is the most important part of the process. During the inspection, the mold remediation expert will diagnose the cause of the mold and put together a plan to keep the mold from reappearing. Mold mitigation can be anything from repairing a leak to grading the landscaping around your basement walls.
- Follow-up: Once the mold remediation and mitigation process are complete, the expert will schedule follow-up appointments to ensure that the mold is gone for good and that they properly diagnosed and resolved the cause of the mold.
The mold remediation process varies depending on the circumstances of the infestation, but this is what you can expect overall. If you have a mold problem and need to schedule a mold remediation, contact our professionals at AA Action Waterproofing. As a full service waterproofing and mold remediation company, we know exactly what can cause basement mold in Maryland and how to rid your home of mold for good. So call us today for a free consultation to see how we can help you!