The Dangers Of Living With Mold
Living in a home with mold can have a rather disastrous impact on the health of everyone who lives there. This is due to mold’s ability to produce allergens, irritants, and even toxins right into your home on a daily basis. The symptoms you can expect from mold exposure can vary from allergies to infections. However, the most common symptoms you will see include:
- Runny nose
- Watery eyes
- Difficulty breathing
Health aside, mold growth can cause a lot of lasting damage to your home and belongings as well. Mold has a habit of leaving stains on walls, floors, clothing, and more. Not to mention the disgusting musty smell it leaves behind.
According to the Environmental Protection Agency, mold growth happens when a mold spore lands on a wet surface. Though it is nearly impossible to rid yourself of all mold that may be floating around your home through the air, it cannot grow without the presence of moisture and is practically harmless while in dust form.
This is why homes and building that have a leaky pipe, damp walls, poor air flow in the bathroom, recently had flooding, or another kind of moisture problem are likely to find mold cozying up inside. In order to prevent mold from making itself comfortable, you need to make sure to take care of any excess moisture that occurs.
What do you do if mold has already entered your home?
Mold happens to the best of us. Luckily, we at AAAction Waterproofing are experts when it comes to the safe and effective removal of mold spores and growth from your home or building. So whether you need some mold remediation to be done or what to waterproof the basement for further protection against moisture, AAAction Waterproofing is always just a call away.