Daily Habits That Can Cause Mold Growth
What is mold?
Mold is a type of fungus that includes small, commonly-found organisms. Molds come in various colors including black, white, orange and green. Molds play an important role in nature by breaking down dead leaves and plants, but inside your home, they can pose a serious health risk.
When is mold growth dangerous?
All the molds are dependent upon moisture for survival. They reproduce by spreading tiny and lightweight pores into the air. You encounter with these molds on an everyday basis and it generally doesn’t cause harm unless you come in contact with a large mold colony. They thrive in damp environments, releasing spores which you then inhale.
Not everyone will experience health problems after inhaling the spores in large quantities; mold tends to affect people with mold allergies. Molds can be identified easily, as they appear in white patches and slick orange film in moist areas of your home such as your basement or bathroom. Even if you are not allergic to these molds, you may still experience irritation of the eyes, skin, nose, and throat after inhaling the spores in large quantities. Instead of checking whether you have resistance against mold or not, you should just get rid of it entirely, and as soon as possible.
Daily habits that lead to mold growth
Showers with too much steam
You might be finding it very relaxing to turn on the steam and relax in your shower, but too much of steam in your shower can promote the growth of molds. This can trigger allergy symptoms in your body. The molds survive on moist and humid conditions, so the bathroom is the perfect place for them to reproduce rapidly.
Using shoes inside the house
There are many people who wear and keep their shoes inside their homes, but you should know that your shoes can carry spores from outside. Once spores make their way to moist corners in your home, they can start to grow and cause health problems.
Always leaving your window open
There is nothing like enjoying the fresh air from the open window while sitting with a cup of coffee, but you should this occasionally. Always leaving your window open is an invitation for the spores flying in the air, seeking a suitable environment in which to grow.
How to get rid of molds?
There are two ways to get rid of molds:
Hydrogen peroxide is a very useful chemical. It has antifungal properties that kill molds instantly. Spray hydrogen peroxide on the affected area and let it sit for 10 minutes for best results.
You may be surprised to learn that the bottle of vinegar lying in your kitchen can kill more than 82% of mold species. Vinegar has acidic properties that destroy mold, and it is safe to use on the places where mold is growing in your house.
Why consult a professional mold remediation service?
Instead of cleaning mold yourself, you should probably go to a professional mold remediation service. You can easily find one by searching on the internet for mold removal services Maryland. If you are looking for the best mold remediation service in Maryland, then go to Aaactionwaterproofing. We have the expertise and the people necessary to get rid of the mold in your house once and for all. Forget about all your mold worries and contact us. We use the best methods to wipe out molds completely from your house while also keeping you safe from harm.