When Is The Best Time To Waterproof Your Basement?
Maryland has a long history, and while it’s one of the smallest states in the country it’s also filled with big ideas. Those who live here understand that preparing for things ahead of time is important, and at AA Action Waterproofing we believe that this line of thinking is a key when it comes to defending against moisture finding its way into your home.
Of course, knowing that you should waterproof your basement isn’t that difficult to understand. But knowing when you should do it is – and for many Maryland residents understanding when the best time to waterproof a home is will be a key factor in their overall schedule and their plans for their home.
There are a few points that can help you decide when to waterproof a home. Here are the things to remember:
- First of all, you should try to waterproof your home before problems arise. When a leak appears, it can quickly cause damage to your home. Repairs cost a lot more than preventative waterproofing, so be sure that you don’t just wait for a leak to happen before you decide to do something about it.
- If you do notice a leak, it will be time to act quickly. You’ll want to contact us for waterproofing as soon as you can.
- For many people, during a new home construction will be the required time to complete waterproofing. But if you’re undertaking any home improvements, property renovations, or additions, you’ll want to think about waterproofing to ensure that your investment is protected.
- If your home hasn’t had any waterproofing work done on it in years, it may be time to contact us to get a property inspection. Waterproofing every few years is a good idea, and a wise investment.
- Also, understand that for most Maryland homes, waterproofing during the winter is something you should seriously consider. While you can waterproof at any time of year, taking the time to do so during the winter means that you’ll be protecting your home from the huge amounts of water the spring thaw and spring rains can bring. Just because it’s cold out doesn’t mean you can’t waterproof – and for many it’s the best time to do so.
If you’ll keep these basic points in mind, you should be able to determine if the time is right for you to waterproof your home. If it is, don’t hesitate to contact us to get an estimate.