Understanding The Total Cost Of Flooded Basements For The Homeowner
However, it’s important to be realistic about the real risk of a flood:
- With each passing year, your home’s foundation ages and becomes more susceptible to floods.
- Unusual weather patterns throughout our service area have greatly grown the risk of flooding.
- It takes only a few hours to waterproof a basement, but flood issues can last for days or weeks.
What’s the total cost when you really look at all the ongoing issues that a flood can cause?
Remember that preventative basement waterproofing is just that: Waterproofing. In some cases, all of the work can be focused on the basement itself, while in others, the foundation will also need some assistance to stand up to future flood risks.
Once a flood has already happened, though, the process becomes more complicated:
- First, the water has to be removed by using French drains, sump pumps or other methods.
- Next, the interior walls and exterior walls must be assessed for damage, repaired, and proofed.
- Then, damage to the foundation has to be resolved to ensure everything is totally water-tight.
- Extra work on the overall drainage of groundwater around the home might need to be done.
At AA Action Waterproofing, we strive to make these processes fast and convenient. That said, they do become a lot more time- and labor-intensive after a disaster has already happened.
Not only could you be looking at thousands of dollars in overall repairs in the event of a flood, but you also have a long-term nemesis to be aware of: Mold.
AA Action Waterproofing takes care of all your mold remediation needs. However, mold is best avoided completely: Once it takes root in a home, the exposure could cause health problems that have untold consequences and may contribute to thousands in healthcare costs.
All in all, we’ve found that homeowners consistently get the best value from our services when they choose to order them well in advance of flood season: And, of course, long before any type of flood has actually happened. Remember, floods can strike without warning.
Email or telephone AA Action Waterproofing to get more information or your free estimate.