The Top 5 Ways To Avoid Mold Growth
Mold growth is a serious concern for many home and business owners, and avoiding this growth altogether is the best course of action. Not only can mold growth contribute to health issues, it can also damage property beyond repair, so taking the steps necessary to stop mold growth before it occurs is important to preserving your health and your belongings.
The top 5 ways to avoid mold growth are:
1. Call a professional right away – If you find a leak or excessive moisture in your basement area, calling a professional immediately is always recommended. A professional will be able to not only fix the leak, but properly clean the area to ensure any chance of mold is eliminated. Mold can begin to grow in as little as 48 hours from contact with water, so making sure to take rapid action is important.
2. Increase ventilation – Keeping a health level of airflow is a great way to avoid toxic mold growth, and this airflow will help to keep your environment drier and more comfortable as well. Installing ventilation systems or keeping an open door or window are two easy ways to ensure the airflow is sufficient in your space.
3. Invest in a dehumidifier – A dehumidifier is a device that sucks the moisture from the air and accumulates it in an easy to empty tray. If your basement area has damp or moist air, this is an excellent way to keep your space dry and mold-free.
4. Keep sufficient insulation – Insulation is also important to stopping mold growth, as it helps to stop condensation from building up. If your home is older, keeping up to date on the insulation is one way to stop mold growth before it occurs.
5. Inspect ground water – Inspecting ground water for pooling or standing around your home is a great way to avoid the leaks which may lead to mold. If pooling is found to occur, this may be easily remedied by cleaning or repairing gutter systems.
We at AA Action Waterproofing realize the importance of a dry, safe, and mold-free home. To learn more about avoiding mold growth, contact us today for a consultation!