Why Preventing Basement Leaks Is The Right Call
As a homeowner, whenever you see a problem with your home you probably go ahead and start taking the appropriate steps to correct the issue. But in some cases, prevention is the right call. When it comes to basement leaks, taking the initiative to prevent them before they occur is a much better idea than simply waiting until you spot a problem and then working to fix it.
At AA Action Waterproofing, this is a belief we stand by every day, because we’ve seen what can happen when a basement’s waterproofing is ignored and a leak occurs. But in case you’re not convinced, here’s a look at some of the main reasons you should prevent a leak before it happens.
• Spotting A Leak – The simple fact is that your basement probably isn’t where you spend a lot of time. Even if it is, there’s no guarantee that you’ll be there to spot a leak when it begins to occur. Who knows how long the leak could be occurring before you actually manage to find it?
• Our Wet Weather – An average year in Maryland brings almost 42 inches of rain. In some years, we get over 60. That’s a huge amount of water, and when you don’t realize there’s a leak in your basement, it can add up quickly and do a lot of very real damage.
• Your Health – Before you know it, mold growth can occur in a basement. And when it happens, it can release millions of spores into the air which can lower air quality and cause numerous health issues for you and your family. If the leak never occurs, the mold growth doesn’t either.
• Costs – Simply put, the cost of repairing and cleaning up a leak and its damages can be far more expensive than preventing the leak from ever occurring. Mold removal, foundation repair, water removal, structural damage repair, and health costs can all climb sky-high when a leak occurs. By spending a small amount to prevent the leak from ever happening, you’ll be saving yourself money.
• Less Hassle – It’s also easier, faster, more convenient, and less stressful to waterproof a basement and protect it from leaks than a repair and cleanup will ever be. If you’re like most of us, you already have enough hassle and stress in your life.
We’re ready to help you waterproof your home’s basement and avoid all of the points above. When you want to ensure that your home is ready to stand up to the Maryland weather, contact AA Action Waterproofing.