Prepare Your Gutters For Fall With This Handy Checklist
Fall in Maryland is beautiful. Between the cooler weather and changing of the leaves, it’s a wonderful time of the year. With the changing of the leaves and the coming snow, it’s also the time you’re going to rely heavily on your gutters. So before Fall arrives, you should take some time to prepare your gutters for the coming season. If your gutters are clean and clear, then you won’t have to worry about excess moisture entering your home. So take these simple steps to get your gutters ready for Fall:
- Clean any debris that may have collected over the summer from your gutters. Run a hose through them to make sure that the water runs smoothly across the gutters and down the spout.
- Look for any damages and repair any areas that are damaged or leaking. Also check and make sure all the brackets and screws are tight, and the gutters are attached firmly to your house.
- Trim any tree branches that overlap on your gutters or roof.
- Check your gutters for any nests or signs of pests. If you find any nests, you need to consider getting a pest repellent because nests can quickly become clogs.
- Inspect all your downspouts to make sure they are not blocked on damaged. Make sure they are pointing away from your home and down a slope. If necessary, add or replace splash blocks and extensions.
- If you live in a wooded area, consider investing in gutter guards before the Fall starts. Gutter guards protect your gutters from debris and falling leaves, so they do not develop clogs or blockages. Gutters guard are relatively inexpensive and will reduce how often you will clean out your gutters.
If you follow all the steps on this checklist, your gutters will be ready for all the demands of fall weather. Prepping your gutters for the fall is just one of the many ways you can waterproof your home. If you’d like to know more about waterproofing, contact the experts at AA Action Waterproofing. Our friendly, knowledgeable staff can answer any questions you have, inspect your home for vulnerabilities, and help you develop a comprehensive strategy to keep your house moisture-free. So call us today for a free consultation!