Easy Mold Removal Tips for your Bathroom
Bathroom Mold Removal Tips That Work!
Rub a dub dub. The morning shower is a wonderful bit of “me” time. A moment away from work, your messy house, and the kids. That is until you open your eyes and see a bit of mildew growing in the corners of your shower. “No biggee” you say. But in the next few weeks that little spot of mold grows. Unfortunately mold and mildew in your bathroom is a common problem. The heat and moisture cause the perfect environment for mold to grow. How do you get rid of this unsightly mess?
Here are mold removal tips to clean your bathroom.
1) Cleaning the moldy areas with bleach, vinegar, or hydrogen peroxide will kill nearly any type of mold that it comes in contact with. Let it stay on the moldy surface for an hour. Then rinse with hot water and dry with a towel. Wear gloves to protect your hands.
2) Tea tree oil s a natural fungicide that kills black mold and mildew. Wear gloves when cleaning with this.
3) Borox. Simply mix borax with water in a one cup to one gallon ratio. Use the mixture to scrub the mold until it is removed from the surface.
3) Strip away any badly mold infested grout and caulk. Once mold gets deeply embedded, it’s very tough to remove. . Re-caulking and adding new grout will remove mold spores.
4) Dry out the area completely after you clean.
7 Mold Removal Tips to prevent mold growth
1) Use an exhaust fan to ventilate the area when you shower or take a bath. Keep it on for at least a half hour after you are done cleaning up.
2) Paint the ceiling with mildew resistant paint. They are specially designed to stand up to mildew and moisture.
3) Keep the bathroom door open. This improves air flow and allows the moist air to escape the bathroom
4) Launder bathroom towels and rugs frequently. Mold spores can grow in the moist and damp enironment.
5) Squeegee the shower doors and walls after you shower. This removes a ton of water and helps the surfaces to dry quickly.
6) Open the curtains and put up the shades. Ultra violet light from sunshine can discourage mold growth.
7) Get a dehumidifier. It will pull the moisture out of the air. Then you can dump it. Without moisure, it’s harder for mold to grow.
Follow these Mold Removal Tips and you should be on your way to a shiny, mold-free bathroom. .
Got Stubborn Mold that Won’t Go Away?
If you have concerns about mold in your bathroom, don’t take unnecessary risks, call AA Action Waterproofing. Call 410-705-5714 for a FREE, no obligation inspection and estimate.