Benefits of Waterproofing Extra Space
Many people think that basements are drafty, damp places that are only good for storing their junk. But, like a diamond in the rough, there’s more to them than meets the eye.
Many basements are as large as the downstairs level in your home. In fact, when considering square feet, they can make up as much as 1/2 of your home’s total space. Don’t let all that room go to waste.
The best way to take the scary out of your basement is by getting it professionally waterproofed. This will help remove any water in it as well as keep it protected from future leaks, which will greatly increase its comfort factor. This begs the question, what will you do with the clean extra living space?
Uncover Your Basement’s Potential
Waterproofing your basement will open up a world of possibilities. Some options for the extra space include:
- Guest room: Whether you use it as a guest bedroom or to house your teen coming back from college, adding an extra bedroom is always a good idea. You can even add a full bathroom and kitchen. But, don’t blame us if all your kids decide to stay with you after graduation.
- Home office: If you work from home, even for a couple hours a week, you will need a quiet-as-possible workplace. This is where the basement comes in, it’s location on the lowest level of your home will help you get the privacy you crave. To make your work zone even more comfortable, consider installing sound reducing products and a mini split room air conditioner to give you the power of climate control.
- Family room: It isn’t easy to raise a family in today’s world. This is exacerbated by the long hours that many of us work to keep food on the table. Thus, having a dedicated space where everyone can come together can be invaluable. Think about it, wouldn’t it be nice to have a designated family room to play games in or simply have a conversation with your kids?
- Hobby room: Basements can provide you with extra space to take part in things that you love to do. Do you like to build things out of wood? What about brewing beer? Playing cards? A waterproofed basement is the perfect place to enjoy all these activities.
- Kiddie playroom: A waterproofed basement is a great place for the kids to hang out, especially if you lack extra space in the upper levels of home. Now, they can have their own place to play games, have parties, hang out with friends, and watch TV.
The options listed above are just a taste of what you can do with your basement once it’s been waterproofed. You are literally limited by your own imagination.